Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:47:58 -0400
From:         Edward Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vitrofrigo fridge battery requirements

I have two Wal-Mart Group 27-DC batteries under my back seat. Each is 115 amp-hours. I'm sure I could get by with one, but I've still got plenty of room under there, and I like to be able to run my sat. radio, fluorescent lights, fridge, and whatever and not have to think at all about how much power I'm using. Each battery is about $55. I think it's the best value in terms of amp-hour capacity per dollar.

I'll be using my Vitrifrigo for the second time next weekend. I really loved it going to Buses of the Corn a few weeks ago. I've got about four or five more camping events to go to and it is so nice not to have to bring along an extra cooler to take up space, and use my Dometic for non-perishables. The only drawback was that had to clear out one other the other cabinets to put my food in that was in the Dometic.

Ed

_________________________________________________________________ See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008