Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:18:26 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Has anyone added a sliding third seat to a westy?

The time has come that my grandchildren need to travel with us in our westy, so the seat-install project I've been putting off for years is staring me in the face.

It seems that most references I have seen to this have been for installing a double seat into a non-westy, a project which doesn't involve removing any cabinets.

I have the seat and the rail parts (somehow lost the fasteners and hardware, anybody have that?) but just need some guidance so this doesn't become a prolonged trial-and-error deal (had enough of that with my 2.1 engine rebuild!)

Can I just get by with removing the fridge cabinet, or does the whole floor--and the seat and other cabinet--need to come out, too?

I am hoping to tack down some guide boards and use a router to remove wood. It would be nice if someone would tell me how wide the factory cut those removals from the floor.

Thanks in advance,

Jim