Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:10:27 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Modernizing the list redux; was: RE: Who is the Manager of
              this list?

As I said in the previous thread on this, if the system was upgraded I would personally still use the email form of it. I'm more concerned with the state of the infrastructure, and moving it to, or at least tying it to a more modern platform would provide a lot of benefits on the nuts-and-bolts-end (a usable archive, greater stability, control for the moderator), plus it would give options for users, which would be helpful when travelling, for instance. If it was properly set up in the parallel form, the bulletin board side of it would be transparent to those that chose to use email and vice-versa.

Cya, Robert