Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:32:17 -0700
From:         Ellen <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Trip Report: Beachside State Park, Oregon

Had a great trip this past weekend, affectionately named "the girly camp". Me, my girlfriend, my daughter, my grandson (this last one doesn't count; he's only 9!) Oh yeah, we also took my cat, Coee, who is a girl kitty. And Lola is a girl too (of course). She purred down Hwy 101 all the way to Beachside, which is conveniently located between Waldport & Yachats, on the central Oregon coast. The weekend promised to be a good one; weather was great. Made reservations for this one in March (it's a popular campground) and I can see why. Other than the bundle of green wood we bought from the camp hosts, I can't find a single negative thing to say about it. The sites are large and semi- to mostly-private. Very rustic and natural. Easy access to a beautiful sandy beach. We set up three tents, and Lola + the daughters car. Glad it is still staying light until 8 pm or so! Cooked some dinner (late) and tried to get a fire going. There isn't much hope when you have green wood. Remind me next time to bring my own! Think we were in bed fairly early this night. It's always that way when you have to get off work and drive to get to the camp. Saturday morning I fixed the traditional camp breakfast of eggs, potatoes & sausage, then we headed down to the beach. Had a wonderful time frolicking in the surf. Darin (my grandson) was exuberantly playing in the waves, his gramma a bit more tentative (although I love the way you sink into the soft sand up to your ankles). It was just an awesome day. We all had cameras, and I uploaded the entire collection to Flickr http://tinyurl.com/64cvur So, it was another outstanding weekend of camping in Lola, and sharing it with family and friends was the best. Looking forward to Catherine Creek September 5-7. I will definitely be there! Ellen & Lola, '85 Vanagon ASI Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel; stride down there.....and light the bloody thing yourself.' ~Dara Henderson _________________________________________________________________ Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share. http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008