Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:14:52 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: transmission/differential O ring seal
Comments: To: colorworks@GCI.NET

seems a bit high to me. did he say how many hours he figured the job is ? say it was 6 hours ...........which might be slightly on the high side.........but not entirely out of the ball park. Six hours at 70 per is only 420 dollars labor. At 80 per hour that's still only 480 labor. the o-ring can't be too expensive. there's fluids........... perhaps he figured to service the trans, replace the pan gasket etc. The differential portion has a pan with a cork or cork-like gasket - those get hard and leak after a number of years. Perhaps he's figuring to replace that and the diff oil too, and that's how he got to $ 600.

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Troy" <colorworks@GCI.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:19 PM Subject: transmission/differential O ring seal