Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:34:18 +0000
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC - Good article on technical analysis of engine oil filters
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I agree - the proof is in the pudding. I'm surprised that you have gotten good results with the Fram filters as they have been slammed in the past. Perhaps that is not true with the tough guard filters.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

Where do you get your oil analysed?

One could argue that the intervals at which you change your oil and filters is more important than what brand of oil and filter you use...

It would be interesting to see if the people on the list with high-mileage engines have any comonality with what oil filter they use.

regards, Todd '88 westy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Dennis Haynes" <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>