Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:22:01 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Who is the Manager of this list?

OK...Regarding searching the archives. We have a heard a couple of work-arounds to get the archives downloaded to your own database for faster searching, but if you do not take that step...Can we be more tolerant when responding to a request from a person who is JUST NOW experiencing an issue that another list member has already been through? I read all mail and log into my cerebral database ;> and archive my Gmail, but I have only been on the list for a year and hesitate to ask a question and be berated for NOT searching the archives first. Opinions change and topics change, but the van stays the same(except for Subie, Bostig, TIICO, etc). I like to check the Bentley(now that I have one-Thanks list members/vendors) then I email because I really respect the opinions and knowledge base on the list. I also learn alot relating to the different personalities that I encounter on the list...you know who you are. Anyway, I REEEAAALLLYYY enjoy being part of this community and can't wait to meet a few of you in person.

My .02

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Jim Johnston <inmytree1@gmail.com> wrote:

> My two cents... > > if it not broke, don't fix it...I keep reading about the need to > "modernize"...I have to wonder why. This list has been around for years, > it's helped me, and I'm sure others, in countless ways. There are > currently > other online forums that are currently in place. > > I guess if folks don't like this format, they can do a couple of things. > > 1. move on > 2. create your very own > > Really, I wonder what the real issue is. I know some have trouble > searching > the archives, but when that happens, a simple email to the list usually > yields the desired information. Other than that, I'm not sure what the > benefit of changing would be. I opened a Gmail account just for this list, > and now I have my own archives. > > Also, I know I've tried posting on forum sites like the Samba and had poor > results. I post something here, and I've received almost immediate > feedback > and help. I see that as a good thing... > > Jim > Wilmington, NC >

-- Michael in San Antonio 91GL AT 'Gringo'