Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:17:18 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Who is the Manager of this list?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

How many seconds (minutes) did you peek at the APUG forum? And you decided that there is no advantages so quickly from such a modern day forum over old style Vanagon list?

I think you will have to judge by yourself if such a modern forum offers more features and advantages. I can not judge that for you in any way. BTW, perhaps you missed it. APUG has a fantastic search mechanism built-in. But you have to login to use it. It searches, subject titles, authors, and entire text messages. Gerry only allows you to search within the subject and email address of the author. No you do not go through thread after thread to search for something.

David