Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:33:04 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Gravity vapor valve New VW part

I had to replace a couple of these over the years and because I went through this phase when ever I ordered a VW dealerpart I got several. I had a great part connection at the time so I figured it would be great to have wear items on my shelf. With an engine swap and garage cleaning in the works I'm finally getting rid of extras as the bunch of for sale posts has shown. This email if for one gravity vent valve. This goes in the top of the vapor tank that sits about your front tires. They don't wear out usually,but more likely break when trying to remove the thick rubber gasket that holds them in place. It is part number 251 201 311B its is a dealr part (the exceptions of our vendors that retail dealer parts of course). Current price on www.busdepotis$25.84 plus I would almost be sure they would have to order it. Dont even know if its still available they way VW drops parts. It is brand new never installed. My son ripped a hole in the plastic bag to look at it and so I could explain/show him how a gravity valve works. You wold only mess with this while resealing the gas tank. A crappy job every long term Vanagon owner will either pay someone or do yourself. Not difficult just bulky and time consuming. This part goes in the top of that plastic tank in the front wheel wheels. I would like 20.00 shipped in the 48 states. If you plan on replacing these seals anytime soon have this on hand if you have my luck. Where something always breaks. The only way I can guarantee something not breaking on my is if I prepare myself with all the spares I would need. My kids call it a reverse Murphy!! Email me if you interested. If you need a picture your out of luck for a couple days until I can figure out what up with my camera and its media drive.

Bill