Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:22:57 -0400
From:         pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Head leak - What is the process for using Bars Leak Head
              Gasket Repair
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@mac.com>

On a vanagon, you would pour into the coolant tank inside the engine compartment (Not the expansion tank, but the one connected to it with the pressurized cap and the coolant level sensor).

To flush the system, you can stick a garden hose into one of the coolant hoses, put a rag around the hose to cut down and back flow, and send water through the system until it comes out the other end clean. Don't send too much pressure, and make sure there's no gunk in your garden hose. Maybe someone else will chime in on which hoses it is best to do this with.

Don't skip the flushing. There's a lot of antifreeze hidden in the vanagon system, I think the bar's leak stuff will gel up if you don't get it out.

-Wes