Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:31:46 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: New Gas Tank Install on '85
Comments: To: Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@gmail.com>

Of the many time's i've dropped the gas tanks on vanagons (mostly my own), i've had one exprience that comes to mind and can really only offer the one item as far as advice goes on removing the gas tank. Everyone has their own favorite method, but dispite the methods in question..... MAKE SURE THERE ISN'T MUCH GAS IN IT! When disassembling a parts van once that had sat around for long enough for no one to know how much gas was still in it, we found out the hard way....once that tank came loose (HEAVY for one), it was just everywhere......

I've had great success emptying them down to a gallon or less before dropping them.

-Craig '85Westy