Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:37:05 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tire- Smoe realities and some choices.
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

dear flat tire dennis that sounds like race driver talk - your advice about driving with flat indeed - brakes are a tv/movie/radio sound effect taught response - real accidents rarely have brakes applied and almost always when they are a real accident is sure to follow - i have not driven race cars but i have read several professional driving books and they all detail how brakes are for holding a stopped vehicle on a hill also as a former professional class 1 driver - brakes are to be used sparingly there too- funny thing i just read today that jack knife is the single cause of rig incidents on the road - and i know from training that improperly applied brakes are the biggest cause of jack knife- thanks for the reminder to lay off the brakes in emergency situations - now if only those who brakes when going into a corner could be taught to simply let their foot off the accelerator in advance of the corner or simply gear down going in and accelerate out or the corner ... then my life would be perfect - yours On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>wrote:

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364