Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:23:52 -0700
From:         Ellen <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Highway safety warning triangles

Hello all, As the possibility exists that we may sooner or later find ourselves on the side of the road awaiting help, I wanted to share my recent experience, and the lessons learned. Two weekends ago, I set off with my friend and his 91 year old mother on a fairly routine camping trip to the coast. The RV broke down on Hwy 6, a fairly curvacious route. The RV was in the right hand lane, which was almost merged back into the left hand lane, right after a blind curve. Needless to say, there were several "near misses" (one involving a semi which prompted me to move granny quite a bit farther up the highway!) We had flares...15 minute flares. When you are stuck waiting for a tow truck some 2.5 hours, these burn out rather quickly. Remembering the triangles I have seen on many occasions (usually in use by semi trucks) I went in search of them. There are many sources on the internet, but they are heavy, and shipping is expensive. So I was quite pleased to find them locally (at Wilco Farm Stores), and at a decent price. They are made right here in Oregon (Tualatin) by James King & Co http://jameskingco.com/safety_triangles.php I'm going out right now to put them in the bottom of the closet in Lola. With my upcoming trip, I didn't want to leave home without them. Ellen & Lola, '85 Vanagon ASI Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel; stride down there.....and light the bloody thing yourself.' ~Dara Henderson _________________________________________________________________ Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share. http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008