Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Sep 2008 17:32:02 -0600
From:         Richard A Jones <jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: New battery is dead
Comments: To: cullberly@VERMONTEL.NET

> I have a 2 new interstate group 41 batteries and the stereo is hooked up = > exclusively to the aux. battery. That battery goes completely dead = > overnight without any other usage beyond the clock on the stereo. Do I = > have a short? Has anyone encountered this before?

Cullen:

My stereo will drain my battery in just a few days if I leave the face plate on it. The manual says it draws something like 2.4 amps--and I thought that would only be at high volume.

I measured the draw without the face plate--negilible. But with the face plate on but the unit turned off, it was somewhere near 2 amps! All I can figure is that the display circuit is running hard to display nothing! (Panasonic)

Check the draw of your stereo. You probably have some other load on your battery to drain it overnight, however.

Richard