Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:03:45 -0600
From:         Andrew Grebneff <goose1047@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Parts & dirtbike needed in Calgary to Vancouver Island (NVC)

I'm not sure if I will be going back to Vancouver Island to collect = fossils & shells, but in case I do, anyone between Calgary and Port = Hardy who has front suspension parts for an 86-or-later van can either = e-mail me or phone me at my sister's in Calgary 403- 202-3755. Parts are = nonexistent in Clagary.

I need: -steering knuckles/spindle/uprights (whatever you want to call them), no = brake parts wanted -cast/forged fabricated lower front arms (hard to get off!...gasaxe the = mounts?) -power-steer tierods -swaybar endlinks -power-steer hoses, if in GOOD condition, with brackets etc -pair of licenseplate lights I'm not willing to pay $200 a side for this!

Might be in the market (on behalf) too for a reliable 4-stroke dirtbike or 2. Hondas infinitely preferable, with working head & taillights, say 125 or = larger. We're looking for something cheap on behalf of my sister and = niece... they turned down an XR350 for $1500. I think $1000 per bike = would be the absolute limit, preferably rather less. Doesn't need to be = street-legal or registered, as they will only be used on forestry roads = and tracks in the Rockies (Beaton, south of Revelstoke). Just reliable and not blowing the blues. If you know of anything, please let me know.

Oh... none of those Chinese Honda-knockoffs, puh-leez... a mechanic at = Moosejaw said he's sick of people bringing in these to fix, as they are = made of substandard metallurgies. And no Hondas fitted with kockoff = engines either...

-- Andrew Grebneff Dunedin, New Zealand Fossil preparator Mollusc, Toyota & VW van nut Temporarily in Calgary, AB, Canada