Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:32:45 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy + canine = no good
Comments: To: W Monk <billmonk@gmail.com>

Bill,

That's a great dog you have. I envy you.

The owner of the said dog and Westy mentioned that he aquired the dog when it was 9yrs old and the previous owners were going to put it down. Take it from me rescues tend to come with their own set of pre-instilled previous owner issues. You never really know what has been done to the poor thing before it came to be part of your family. I have a Beagle and a Yorkie - both rescues - and couldn't take either camping. The Beagle would run and the Yorkie would yap so much we'd get run out of camp.

We did leave the Beagle in my SO Jeep for about 15 minutes. Let me tell you he isn't dumb - when we returned he had chewed some pretty nice marks in the passenger door lock and door handle. Lesson learned.

That being said both my dogs are lovable and well aware that they are better off.

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus