Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:25:13 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NOS Vanagon Radio ordered
Comments: To: Jeffrey Lubin <visionwizard@verizon.net>

We can all bet a group of these will show up on ebay sometime in the next several months commanding a buy it now price of 100.00 plus. I can see the auction in my head now.

"Here is your chance to own a RARE NOS VW Vanagon radio. These have no been available in years. As we all know the way VW parts go you must jump on this chance to own a piece of original VW quality. If you pass this up you will might never see one again. This was purchased new from the dealer for several hundred dollars. The buy it now is a fraction of what I paid."

Does that sound about right? I also ordered one and its been in for a few days. I was also able to order a replacement for my in laws R32 that had the factory deck replaced with a confusing to them Alpine. I get to keep the Alpine which has a built in DVD player. I was thinking of putting the Alpine in my Westy and then install video screen somewhere. My kids have been using portable DVD players for a few years now with no issue,but it will be nice to have one less projectile in case of an accident. I am going to look into the fold down screens that install on the headliner. If I could get one of a decent size that would attatch securelty just in front of the poptop opening it would be visible from the rear and might even be visible if you look down from the poptop. I am just worried that some of these screens can't be seen if not looking straight on. I did read the Alpine has two sets of outputs. Might be able to rig something up that hooks onto the poptop bar once set up for the night. I already have a connector that is installed up there to plug in a power wire for a light we hang up top for reading at night. Wouldn't be hard to add a couple RCA plugs or S-Video plug right next to it. I'd just have to fish the cable through the headliner like I did with the power wire like last time. Only downside is the itchys from the insulation up there you get all over your arm while working in that area. I'll go pick up the radios this afternoon and let you know how the OEM VW ones look.

Bill M Mystic,CT