Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:44:37 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Sliding door doesn't
Comments: To: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Snook <matt@snooksband.com>

you might need to remove the forward portion of the door panel and help pull on that cable that makes the rear release.... and possibly adjust it for more pull when the handle is turned. and ........ especially at the rear , spray lube lube lube. if the mechanism on the rear of the door has a black plastic cover over it, pry that off ....... sometimes I even have to remove the body panel that covers the tracks.........to really get lube sprayed generously everywhere it's needed. I lube everything, twice a day for a while...........like 20 times everywhere, over and over.

they made that wind-up spring way too strong inside the door at the rear, but with everything super well lubed, it's not bad. have fun ! oh...........get inside, and push outward very hard , on the rear edge of the door, while someone holds the outside handle down. that might get it open. Scott turbovans ----- Original Message ----- From: Matthew Snook To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM ; wetwesties@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:04 PM Subject: [WetWesties] Sliding door doesn't

Argh.

My sliding door was balking yesterday, opening only hesitantly when I turned the handle. It seemed as if something wasn't releasing at the rear latch. This morning it refuses to open at all. And helpful hints as to what I should look for when I get in there? Maybe all it needs is some good lubricant, right? That's the sort of fix I enjoy. But at this point I can't even open it.

Matt

__._,_.___ Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Members | Calendar To leave us: wetwesties-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Calendar of events: http://wetwesties.type2.com/calendar.htm For technical resources: http://wetwesties.type2.com/links.htm

Please conserve bandwidth and clip quoted material in your posts. Include only the information that is relevent to your response.

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Recent Activity a.. 11New Members Visit Your Group Y! Sports for TV Access it for free

Get Fantasy Sports

stats on your TV.

Yahoo! Finance It's Now Personal

Guides, news,