Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:17:35 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: help me understand US emissions control strategy.(NVC)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@gorge.net>

dear friday ranters

canadian speaking here - one who thinks there is very little science and a lot of hyperbole in the global warming political movement - having stated where part of my foot print is -

and regarding the touted fuel efficiency of vehicles sold else where - the else where being a place where driving might be limited to dates that match your licence number - - protectionist legislation never works over the long term - .. and what may look like an aside is actually indicative of why things are s out of control -- last month we sent a payment in the form of a bank draft from canada in american dollars to a credit card company owned and operated by HSBC (the h stands for hong kong) the instrument was returned to the issuing bank stamped as uncashable ??? with out certification ...??? due to the fact that HSBC lacks the infrustructure to accept funds drawn on forgien banks ... we call .. customer service located in south east asia tells us that the instrument is not even recognized as having been processed ... we ask to speak to supervisor ... get a guy who is in Ponoma California .. first thing he tells me is that the instrument is in canadian $$ i tell him that clearly stated in three different places is the fact that it is in american $$ -- he tells me to avoid future occurance i should send the item to -and he starts to give me an address - as i write it down i notice the address is the same on at the top of the returned item letter - i say hey wait a minute you are telling me to send this back to where this letter came from - yes he says -... arrgggg -- then he tells me that a machine processed the item and refused it last time -... but if i send it to Pomona address a real person will open it - i see says i ... -- it is no wonder the banking system is coming apart at the seems - all we need is one or two experainces like this where the guy on the "service end " is tellign the customer that the error is made by the customer --... systems are designed to benifit the individual at the top of the pyramid ... never the individual - read Anthem by Ayn Rand message out return to regualr earth broad cast :)

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364