Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:38:30 -0700
From:         B <oddstray@ODDSTRAY.COM>
Subject:      Re: VanShower

Hi,

Tonight Cabelas has it on sale for 50 bones!!! Go to www.cabelas.com and search for "Porta-Privy".

Assuming it's the same one, we have this one. Whenever we've used it, it served us well. We use it with the plastic-bag-type solar water heaters. We have heavy-duty struts on our back hatch, so we can fling the bag-o-hot-water up there and run the pipe down into the shower enclosure. If we can't put up the shower enclosure close to the bach hatch, we find someplace with a handy, sturdy tree limb for hanging the bag-o-hot-water.

We use it only occasionally (San Diego County campgrounds spoil us by offering showers). And we recently ran into our first glitch ... Joshua Tree National Monument prohibits letting your shower water run onto the ground. S got around that rather easily by catching his shower water in one of our big plastic storage/tote boxes. But I felt like was going to trip on the sides of the tote box and fall down. So I have resolved to buy a child's swimming pool to put on the bottom when we next have to capture our shower water.

This shower enclosure comes with a tarp-material bottom, but it's not intended to capture the shower water.

B&S '87 Westy 'Esmerelda Blanc' SoCal