Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:21:09 -0400
From:         David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wall paneling for campers?
Comments: To: The Westy man <thewestyman@gmail.com>

Hello Zoltan,

As long as the original interior panel is salvageable, replacement vinyl wall covering appropriate to the Westy's model year is sold by Go Westy that is almost an exact match. Getting the old material off of the wooden panel is best done using a heat gun and scraper (a bit laborious but rewarding), and the new covering is applied with vinyl wallpaper paste.

We had a few holes in some of our wooden panels, and were able to apply a patch from behind, and fill in flush with wood putty to the outer surface.

You can see the results here:

http://flickr.com/photos/jetstar5224/sets/72157600658016311/

As far as replacing an entire panel or panels, Kydex may be an answer, but it might be heavier overall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kydex

Cheers,

Dave