Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:27:09 -0700
From:         Mike Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bumper Sticker
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

Jeff, as a former denizen of SoCal, having lived near and driven on the 101, 5, and 405 in Los Angeles and San Diego, I know exactly what you're talking about.

It's not uncommon for all lanes to be running at roughly the same speed, or take turns being the faster ones. The #1 lane isn't usually any faster than any other, and there is no rule of "Slower Traffic Stay to the Right." The guys that think they can bully their way, one car at a time, to a position a few hundred yards ahead of where they are are the real dicks.

Folk from more rustic regions who have not driven under such conditions may think to apply their experience if they visit but they will quickly find that their habits don't apply.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano Bend, OR KG6RCR