Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:34:45 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Thanks, Bob..re Westphalian hatch fix.

Boy, do I LOVE fixes like the Gary Lee hatch props that Bob told me about in yesterday's list.

Simple, elegant, no mechanical moving parts, nothing to wear out or go out of adjustment and inexpensive. I had some schedual 40 pvc water line in my shop. With a couple of lengths on my hatch struts, I can leave 3 bikes on and open it up without worry. I can also open the hatch here in the super-windy Columbia River Gorge and not worry about being 'beaned' if a gust should overpower those factory struts as sometimes happened before. I think with a bit of flat black trim paint, it will look 'factory', that pvc.

such a simple idea..sometimes wonder why they don't all come with a couple of 'preventers' on the struts.

Thanks, Don Hanson