Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Sep 2008 02:02:25 -0500
From:         Andrew Philbrick <herrschildkrote@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bumper Sticker

One popular trend springing up in the midwest is the european "slow moving vehicle" stickers placed on the back of a bus. This is my friend Rob's Single Cab with one on it but another friend of mine has one on his Vanagon

http://www.omahavwclub.com/past-pics/ovwcs&s08/slides/DSC02118.html

They said they got them on The Samba but after a quick search, I turned up nothing. It is basically two triangles with exclamation points in the middle of the triangles and the words "slow moving vehicle" in the middle. it is made out of reflective materials and about the width of the distance between the tail lights. the whole thing is magnet backed so it can be removed easily.

Here in Iowa, people usually just expect an older VW to drive slowly so I don't often get tailgaters. If they see me, they usually get in the other lane immediately. The main benefit to getting the afore mentioned magnet-sticker is to increase visabilty.

Andrew