Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:08:00 -0700
From:         "B.J.R." <beer_eighty@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      82 Aircooled, FI not firing, STUCK!,
              Bently doesnt help here-can U?  (& Looking for spare ECU)

My Westy, that has had some problems, Starts up ok, idles just fine, the slightest throttle causes hesitation and stumbling, runs well at high rpm, not at low throttle,

Had gotten worse the last trip. I could really feel the engine missing or sputtering or something, then I blew a tire. pulled over stopped, started again, moved the van, replaced tire, went to start NO FIRE got fuel, fuel pressure, working injectors, spark, but no signal at the injector connectors.

Have thoroughly tested the FI system AOK New double relay AOK Per Bently 24.41, I have light flicker at terminal #1 and ground while cranking flow to- testing terminal #10 to 5, 16 and 17, NO LIGHT,. NOT OK test continuity from 5, 16 and 17 (the three ECU grounds) to ground All have good continuity, must be grounded well.

Bently has no suggestion but bad ground. Had the test on #10 lit, it suggests bad ECU.

I have good grounds apparently is my ECU bad???

Any other suggestions??? Please.

AND anyone have an ECU for a california '83 westy i could by at a decent price?