Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:03:23 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 86 syncro doesn't start
Comments: To: Paul <wognacious@gmail.com>

hi. one.........just go buy one at a FLAPS or Shuck's Auto Supply or whatever. They run from 10 to 15 bucks for a lower grade one to 40ish for a good one. One from a Snap-On Tool Truck probably costs 60 bucks. If you see a Mac Tool Truck ,see what they have.

or........go to a FLAPS and buy a heavy duty generic starter button, and put heavy duty wires with alligator clips on that.

the electrical part of the ignition switch is a classic weak area in VW's. And I think everyone knows not to carry a lot of weight ..........like a carbineer, 8 other keys, and a small knife hanging from your ignition key while it's in the ignition switch.........or lock assembly to be more accurate. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" <wognacious@gmail.com> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> Cc: <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 1:31 PM Subject: Re: 86 syncro doesn't start