Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:29:30 -0700
From:         Jim Cochran <mxsailor@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Tires in Mexico- Fresh Fast & Cheap

Hi List, Just had a pleasant experience after the tread shredded off my "Light Truck" tires (came w/ the Westy I bought in California). I had the spare slapped on and drove to the nearest Continental/General tire outlet- about 20 min from my house. I asked for 4 General Altimax RT 205 R70 14s installed on my vehicle. They had them in stock, mounted, balanced and installed in 30 minutes for about $267.00 US. Checked the tires- all made in Mexico in 2008.

Or I could have driven to Tucson (300 miles- wait! my old tires won't make it!) after ordering the Altimax, waiting 10 days for them to arrive and paying $290 to the biggest tire dealer in Tucson. The tires feel a little soft to me, though. Anyone else with an opinion?

Jim C