Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:56:53 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 water cooled need suggestions as to why the oil alarm is
              on
Comments: To: A2L1 <mr.a2l1@GMAIL.COM>

on, on the radio...........is it an original VW type radio, and specifically......is there a symbol on it shaped like a key ? if there is, it's a 'code radio' and if power is removed from it ..............as in changing out a battery......... you need a code, and to know how to enter it, to get the radio to work again. On some of them the code is 1-1-1-1 ..... Hope that's not your problem. In the case where it's one of that type original anti-theft radios..........and it needs a 4 digit code to get back on, and you don't know what it is.......... sometimes you can buy a rebuilt one with a code....... I hope it's something simple.

'oil sensor' .............what oil sensor ? you mention "low level reading by the sensor" - there is no level sensor for the oil level. there are two oil pressure senders, one for low rpm pressure, and one for high rpm oil pressure sensing. I hope you drained some out. 'safest' oil level is between the marks, warm, and sitting level. Overfilling oil can cause all kinds of problems. fwiw.........almost the only oil I ever use these days is Chevron Delo 15W40 . I've used an ocean of Castrol GTX 20W50 in cars over the decades...........never touch the stuff these days. Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "A2L1" <mr.a2l1@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 4:09 PM Subject: 2.1 water cooled need suggestions as to why the oil alarm is on