Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:26:59 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: ALERT! Brand new fuel hoses failing!!!!
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>

So these fit the Wasserboxer???

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

dylan friedman wrote: > I have done a few FI systems in Aeroquip braided stainless lines. > You can get -AN fuel rails and adjustable fuel pressure regulator from Porsche suppliers. > The only non -AN connects would be the return and attachment at the fuel pump. > These setups ran approx. $350.00 complete. > The nicest thing about this setup is that the rails and regulator have pressure gauges attached for easy debugging. > The parts are all 914. > > http://tinyurl.com/914-rail-example > > > > ----- Original Message ---- > From: Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:42:54 AM > Subject: Re: ALERT! Brand new fuel hoses failing!!!! > > "Roger Whittaker" <rogerwhitt1@gmail.com> said: > > >> now that these vans are 20+ years old -- >> i dont think changing them out if still OEM is going to cause you any >> grief >> indeed ... >> unless you do a worse job of installing than factory did ... >> > > With all those lines snaking all over the top of the engine -- scary! I > really was tempted to plumb in metal tubing around the perimeter of the > engine bay and run short rubber lines down to the injectors -- however > I've sort of learned not to try to be smarter than the engineers who do > this for a living... > > Also I guess any such solution would ideally need to be mounted on > stand-offs from the motor so it would not move relative to the motor > during acceleration. > > Allan > -- > 1991 Vanagon GL > > >