Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:34:49 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear brake shoe replacment= crappy pedal now
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

glad it's working right now. It was common a decade or so ago to 'arc' shoes to fit the new drum size. Due to the hazard of having brake dust and asbestos fine particles in the air .........that is no longer done. I even have some front brake pads I'd like to file a new fresh surface on............ but from a health hazard viewpoint.............might not be the smartest thing. So these days, the drums are left to mate to the shoes on their own. I have not had the problem you describe, however. Scott turbovans ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kao" <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 11:48 AM Subject: Re: Rear brake shoe replacment= crappy pedal now