Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:22:00 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: I love my Bus
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

Yea! There's lots to love - but having that private space wherever you are is nice - and I have made use of it plenty of times.

True story:

Had a good buddy in Anchorage some years ago that had a Vanagon GL - Had it fixed up behind the front seats all the way back. - very private, Curtains, nice big bed with good pillows, Alaska down sleeping robes, heaters, TV, little stove and fridge, good stereo, TV and Video player - nice, you know. Well, he had a Mandarin Chinese girl friend who was of the old Chinese school - a man with no job was less than a dog. He got laid off, and a couple of days later she chased him out of the house, loudly saying "You no job! You no good! You sleep outside!" Well, it was cold as rip that night, and it could have been a very bad night. But, he retreated to the van, fired up the heater, put on some good music, fixed himself a couple of drinks, and kicked back. He was prepared for the long haul. Well, in a while, there came a hard banging on the van door. There was this muffled feminine voice outside speaking Mandarin . My buddy ignored her. There was silence, and a very loooong pause in the cold night air ... and there came a more timid knock on the door. My buddy cracked open the door - but didn't say a word. The feminine voice said softly in chattering pigeon English to the opening in the door .... " You to comfortable, you come inside!!" Well, my bud opened the van door wide - just in time to see this vision of oriental beauty in a filmy night thingy and fur topped boots going to the front door. Somehow, almost in a single motion he managed to grab two Buds and his jacket and in two bounds was at the front door directly behind her as she went in. He didn't sleep in the van the rest of the winter.

Yup, the vans do have their private uses.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Jeff Lincoln wrote: > Sorry - I was referring to the Vanagon. I call them all buses. The '78 will > be a nice private retreat someday too but it is currently stripped from the > front seat back. > > Yes, having that private retreat any time you need it is great. I use it > often. > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '90 Carat (Grover) > '86 (We call this one Parts) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus > > >