Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Oct 2008 23:27:59 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Personalized Plates - Cast Your Vote!
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Tried to get 4X4 IS 16 but it was taken Tried different variations but all taken by people who do not own a Syncro 16.

By chance I asked for the simple and boring SYNCRO. Got it. It's not so boring now that it's the only Syncro in California with that plate. Someone had the plate and apparently let it lapse.

For plate collectors, the boring ones are harder to find. I have PORSCH plates for both Kansas & Texas. Both from the 60's. I also have MARY & JOHN both from Kansas in the 60's.

I tried to acquire "69" but it was attached to a 1969 VW Bus. I quite bidding when the price went above $2500. I'm sure the bus was worth that much but I did not want to take a chance on wanting to keep the Bus just for the plate.

There is only one PORSCHE plate in the California. The former plate owner bought it even though he only had a Toyota truck. When his hopes of owning a Porsche ended, he sold the plate along with the truck. I beleive it sold for $3500 or around that. The plate is now on a 356 Porsche.

BenT