Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:41:00 -0500
From:         joel walker <uncajoel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bread Loaf citing

> Is the "J" in Jesus pronounced "H" in Spanish or is the "H" actually > Latin and since most Spanish countries are heavily Traditional > Catholic > they use the Latin "H" in Jesus as it might be said in prayers in > Latin? > I know "LL" is pronounced "Y", as in Lladro Porcelain is "Yadro" > Porcelain. > Man! All that hat makes my head hurt! > Maybe Unca Joel knows?

Gno, eye haff know gno eyed eyah. :)

but i'll present the following for your consideration ...

English ... luff et or leef et. ;)

* We polish the Polish furniture. * He could lead, if he would get the lead out. * A farm can produce produce. * The dump was so full it had to refuse refuse. * The Legionaire decided to desert in the desert. * The present is a good time to present the present. * At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass drum. * The dove dove into the bushes. * I did not object to the object. * The insurance for the invalid was invalid. * The bandage was wound around the wound. * There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. * They were too close to the door to close it. * The buck does funny things when the does are present. * They sent a sewer down to stitch the tear in the sewer line. * To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow. * The wind was too strong to wind the sail. * After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number. * I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes. * I had to subject the subject to a series of tests. * How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend? * I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt

* There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. * English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. * Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are. * Quicksand can work slowly * Boxing rings are square * A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

* Writers write but fingers don't fing, * Grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

* If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? * One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? * One index, 2 indices? * You can make amends but not one amend? * If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it? * If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?

* If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? * People recite at a play and play at a recital? * Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? * Noses run and feet smell? * A slim chance and a fat chance are the same * A wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

* Your house can burn up as it burns down, * You fill in a form by filling it out * An alarm goes off by going on.

* When stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

unca joel