Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Oct 2008 21:57:25 +0000
From:         Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vehicle Names
Comments: To: Jeff <vw.doka@gmail.com>

I think this is a riot - there's been more posts on this email than on just about anything in as long as I can remember!

My van is named Matilda, and that's how I generally address her. As in "hi, Matilda!" when coming back to where I left her, or "come on, Matilda, you can do it" when going up a hill. Occasionally I address her at Tildy, and once in a while as Vanny.

When speaking to other people about her, sometimes I refer to her by name, as in "Matilda is in the hospital AGAIN!" - but it depends on whom I'm talking to. With non-vanagonauts (e.g. most of my friends) I usually refer to her as "my van" because otherwise they might not quite understand if I asked whether I could leave Matilda in their driveway while I went overseas for a month.

Matilda usually addresses me as "Joy" not "person" or "mistress" or "my owner."

Joy