Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Oct 2008 00:23:16 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: real explanation regarding why imports to canada are barred
Comments: To: killer.jupiter@gmail.com

just a few of the reasons cut and pasted from the web site ... overly modified form original specs... no kidlett restraint .. ets etc .. read on ---

3. Vehicles that have been modified from their original state, other than regular maintenance, may not be eligible for importation into Canada. For example, a van transformed into a motor home (often known as class B motor home), a van equipped with raised roof and/or modified interior, a pick-up or a passenger car equipped with lift kit, etc. 4. Some vehicles in Section 3 - *Passenger Cars*, in Section 5 - *Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles* and in Section 12 - *Trucks* are marked with either: (1) an arrow (>), or (2) ([EIS]), or (3) (>[EIS]). (1) The arrow (>) indicates that the vehicle will require modification to accommodate the child tether anchorage. Again the modifications may prove to be extensive and expensive. (2) The letters [EIS] indicate that the vehicle is either equipped with an electronic immobilizer installed by the manufacturer but not certified to meet Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114 or that no electronic immobilizer is installed. *Please see section 9 of these explanations for further information on immobilizers.* (3) (>[EIS]) indicates that the vehicle requires modification to the child tether anchorage and that some action is required on the immobilizer (see section 9 for details). Where the the arrow (>) and the letters ([EIS]) are at the end of a group which lists models joined by a comma (,) or an and (&) sign, all models in that group are affected by the arrow (>) and the letters ([EIS]) . 5. US vehicles which were originally equipped with air bags as required by US safety standards must have operational air bags at the time of inspection by the Registrar of Imported Vehicles. 6. All admissible vehicles, including all types of trailers, must bear a 17 digit alphanumeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as required by Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 115, including snowmobiles manufactured after January 1, 2001 and re