Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:02:30 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Adjustment
Comments: To: Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@yahoo.com>

Jeff, You need a headlight adjuster p/n 255.941.141C depending where you live you could try Bus Depot or Vanagain (east coast) or Van Cafe or GoWesty (west coast) If you have a VW dealer near you you could try there too.

John Meeks '91 Multivan, '85 GL bits Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon_Rescue_Squad74.htm

Radio Call:KC8ZFN

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi Volks, > > Need some help finding a name/source for a part. I'm sure busdepot has one, but I dont know what or how to call it and there arent so many pictures on their site. My brother was leaning on the front of my van (90 GL) and we hear this crunch. The drivers side low beam was swinging freely by the 2 mounts on the left side (if you are looking at the front of the van). This plastic bushing/bracket thing had been smashed to bits and the adjustment screw had come loose. It was at the top right (outside) corner of my driver's side headlight, stuck in a hole behind the grill. It was white plastic and the adjustment screw went into it. I temped up a solution with a ball of card stock and a couple spare bushings, but I dont want that for long. If anyone can give me the name / part number or tell me where to get one, I'd be grateful. > > Thanks, > > Jeff > 90 GL >