Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:18:51 -0600
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      VW Bus Cookbook - a must have

Volks,

Do yah need to jazz up those campout meals?

Help has arrived.

We just received our "VW Bus Cookbook" today.

It's excellent and highly recommended.

A very cool idea, labor of love and extremely worthwhile VW Community helping community activity.

Jen Olsen of Buses by the Beach Fame, has lovingly crafted a VW Bus Cookbook.

Title: "Cooking It Up in My VW Bus"

Included are 116 recipes to show us the way to campout culinary excellence :)

Purchase options are:

Download PDF File: $10.00 or Paperback via snail mail: $29.99

Can be purchased from LuLu at this link;

http://www.lulu.com/content/2437343

Proceeds from this cookbook will be donated to the Phoenix Society for

Burn Survivors.

Book overview .....

Cooking It Up in My Volkswagen Bus

Wait a minute. We are going to sleep, eat, cook, hangout, camp, and drive in this thing? This is what entered my mind when my husband and I bought

our 1987 Volkswagen Westfalia. We now have two children and yes….. We sleep, eat, cook, hangout, camp, drive, and create awesome family memories in

our VW bus.

My husband seems to be a magnet for fellow VW bus enthusiasts. One fateful day in the Spring of 2003 he met a “bus guy” and the two of them created Buses by the Beach (with lots of help). Buses by the Beach is a loosely assembled group of VW lovers, and while we are based in the Grand Rapids Michigan area we draw VW folks from all over the country and beyond.

We at buses combine our love of Volkswagen style camping with raising money for the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. As of May 2008 Buses by the Beach has raised over $68,000. Our goals are mainly achieved through our fundraiser/campout in the Spring that coincides with the Annual Benefit car Show at the 5th/3rd Ballpark. We also plan “just for fun”

events throughout the year such as canoe trips, music festivals, sledding, and cookouts.

When you sleep, eat, cook, hangout, camp, and drive in a small vehicle, you need to have recipes that are easy to make while camping or prepared before the trip. I love to cook and was always asking VW camping people what they were cooking and eating in their bus. I decided to put this

passion into a fundraising VW cookbook. Proceeds from this cookbook will be donated to the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors.

The pictures included with the recipes are not necessarily the picture

of the recipe contributor. We hope this cookbook helps you “cook it up” in your tent, camper, home, or VW bus.

- - -

Larry roadhaus.com