Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:56:58 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buses by the Depot 2008

> Hey, who went home on a flatbed?

> That was some guy from NY I'd never > met before. Ron might have more info.

It was a couple, and actually they ARRIVED on a rollback. They came from the Ithaca, NY area and got towed the last 30 miles or so. They were Vanagon novices and heard a knocking noise that they thought might be engine related, so they shut the van down. But as I asked them for details it turned out the clicking only occurred when the van was driving and under load, it sped up as wheel rotational speed increased, and it seemed to be coming from the right rear. So I drove to the shop Saturday night, and brought a CV joint kit back to the campground for them. Last I heard (Sunday) they weren't sure if they were going to limp home or have a local mechanic give it a look before they left, but either way they had the most likely needed part. If it is in fact a CV joint, any mechanic can replace it, and there are several right near the campground. They told me they'd email me and let me know how things turned out, but they haven't yet. Maybe someone on the list who left after I did on Sunday can update us?

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT