Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Oct 2008 01:25:14 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge again
Comments: To: Stu Schwartz <sschwartz999i@COMCAST.NET>

Yes, the square amber light will flash when the ignitor is sparking, otherwise it remains unlit. ABOVE the fridge there is an LED panel which has water level and battery level indicated on LEDs. In some models there is an LED (green in stock form) that is lit when the flame is on in the combustion chamber of your fridge. It dims and brightens depending on intensity of the flame and can be difficult to see. Some of us have replaced that green LED with a blue LED which is much easier to see.

If the square amber (or red) light doesn't flash when you have pushed in the button to run on Propane it means you already are lit (unlikely if you haven't been using your fridge for a while) or you have a problem with generating a spark.

I've already covered the possibly problems. Unless you have a battery problem, you'll have to pull the fridge to investigate the specific reason for failure.