Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Oct 2008 18:39:10 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Technical question re: Injector firing signal
Comments: To: "B.J.R." <beer_eighty@YAHOO.COM>

I would open the case of the ECU and check pin #1 from inside provided that you have done checking from outside. If you have a digital VOM you can measure AC voltage on pin #1 from inside. Start from a higher range then switch to lower range until you get a reading. You should see a few volts up to 10 or 15 volt. If it is zero that apparently means trouble there. If you have a scope it will be the best tool to see the signal.

Check all your ground strips. It could be a grounding issue. If you can find an ECU to try it will tell if it is the culprit. Or you can take your ECU to try it on another van.

David