Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:33:10 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Removing radiator bleeder screw
Comments: To: Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>

well........... it didn't occur to you to lower the radiator a little bit ? you just support the radiator carefully from below, remove the brackets, or even just loosen them......... let it slip down half an inch ..........etc. There is often more than one way to do many things.

I've also never had a real reason to fill the radiator that way. Sure, the cooling system needs to be bled 'mostly'..........but it's not hard or hyper critical or anything like that. I've changed whole engines on hundreds of vanagons and at times either not bled, or only basically bled the cooing system and it was fine. Not that I take sort cuts or am sloppy.............I'm just telling you ...........bleeding is not this hyper critical thing that has to be 1000 % perfect thing or it can't work..........it's not like that at all. If everything is working like it should..........even casual bleeding is adequate most of the time.

if there's any indication that it's not working right, and you think it's lack of 110 % extra thorough bleeding........... especially at this time of the year..................that's not it. Something else is wrong. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:38 AM Subject: Removing radiator bleeder screw