Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:31:55 -0700
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Recent Car Talk Shows

I sent them a link to the vanagon-volvo crash test photos that are on vanagon.com.

I got a reply from someone in their office who said he would make sure that the brothers got my email.

We should all listen to the show this weekend and see if they respond.

Cheers, Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo)

--- On Tue, 10/7/08, Jack R. <jack007@COMCAST.NET> wrote: From: Jack R. <jack007@COMCAST.NET> Subject: Re: Recent Car Talk Shows To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 6:06 PM

I went to www.cartalk.com and submitted the following e-mail. Titled "Vanagon Safety".

We should all log on to their site, and send a note!!! I bet we get some recognition on the air too!

I am a member of a 1000+ Vanagon Owner's list, and have owned my wonderful 84 Vanagon Westy since 1987... and I'm still alive!!! Putting over 100k miles on it. These are extremely well constructed vans, and VERY safe, even by today's standards. See this link http://www.vanagon.com/info/safety/

Driving in Michigan Winters, I was blown off the road in a snow storm once, but the van stayed up right, no one was injured, and there were all sorts of other SUV's blown off the road as well.

Here is a you-tube ad on Vanagon driving and safety. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pityxv0DW7M

Be sure to watch ALL Three of the videos.

I love your show, but need to make sure we get some equal time on Vanagon safety. I don't need to keep a beach ball on my lap, but do make sure that I always use my seat belt.

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie