Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:08:23 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Door Plate Tire Pressures

RE: Earlier message that read: Hi List, I read: "After reading list discussions on best tire for Vanagon I purchased 5 x $66.32 Hankook RA08 All-Season Radial Tire 185R14C locally (spare was original tire which was also replaced). Air pressure 44 front 53 rear (5 psi above name plate recommended pressures). Now has very firm ride without body sway in turns."

I can't find the original thread so I'm stuck starting a new one.

The VW recommended tire pressure changed from year to year on the Vanagon, kept going up. Later models have, for the 185R14, recommended pressures of 43 front, 53 rear and for the 205's 30 front and 40 rear. So the pressures mentioned above (44 and 53) that seem to have arrived at by experiment are right on with the factory specs. And this had been my experience with 185's, first a set of Agiis and Now the Nokians, the best handling and best ride is at the factory recommended pressures. YMMV