Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:45:36 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oh Deer, Oh Deer
Comments: To: Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>

Sorry about the van, but to put things into perspective I recommend you try it on a motorcycle as I did.  Much more exciting.   Stephen

From: Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET> Subject: Oh Deer, Oh Deer To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 11:53 PM

I hit it last Tuesday. I missed the buck and larger doe only to hit the smaller doe a glancing blow to the right front of the 89 Westy. Actually the doe hit me and broke her neck as she flipped around in the road ahead of me, only to bounce back into the van at the lower grill and then into the oncoming lane where she was deconstructed by the opposing traffic. I was only going 40MPH in a very curvy section of the road. He had to be doing 60. This is Appalachia and the other driver didn't even slow down... Just barreled through and sped away... no Operator's License, no insurance or drunk... or all three. I pulled over, collected my wits and went back to make sure she was off the road and dead. Reported the hit to the Sherriff's Office. Finally made it over to the body shop today.

I have yet to receive the estimate but it will be a lot... the lower grill is toast,the bumper broken in three or more places. The right signal area is oblierated, the metal between the grills is pushed back against the frame. My bra is mangled by the head and teeth. Oh deer , oh deer.

Stephen Chillicothe OH