Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:43:30 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oh Deer, Oh Deer & Air Bags
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net>

expletive ! ( warning, NVC ) What a complete disservie and basic dysfunctionality.......... Perhaps it's a scam to promote buying new cars. The insruance comapanies and manufacturers are in cahoots. re all these mandated safety features.............it is NOT " Representative Governement " that forces that stuff on us.

Given that lack of air bags isn't going to hurt anyone else............seems it should optional, or..........at the very least, provide free disabling of older tech 'dangergous' air bags.

I have identified when it all started to really go downhill with government getting into impatcing the general driving enjoyment of citizens.......... when 'big brother' started to take over. I trace it back to the speed bump.

I was SO pleased to see there is a movement to get rid of photo enforcement in some us ciites - some work going on there in Ohio. I do not wish to encourage speeding or red light running........not even slightly. But..............to not even know you got a ticket, and not even get to talk to a cop about it, face to face, and instead............get someting in the mail weeks later from out of state .........that's your 242 dollar ticket ............when you didn't even realize you did anything - that's just impersonal.......and a real good example of machines and goverenment gettting in the way of genuine human interaction. I'm like...........if I was goin' 80, and you caught me fair and square, say with radar................fine, I deserve what I get. AND, there's a chance I might get a warniong, or reduced ticket by talking to a real person on the spot ..........all fair and square. Like it always was. Now there are 300 cities in the US that have photo enforcement. It's just a way to get more money into city coffers........... That there is no human interaction involved..............it's so IMPERSONNAL ..........it's just rude. I thought our communities are suppossed to be our homes, where feel safe. How can you feel safe if you are drving in traffic, suddenly see there's a photo speed trap, and perhaps you were a little over going with the other cars ? I've turned around, went back, got out of my car, and got the cop out of the van with blacked out windows, to find out if I had gotten a ticket or not. It's a matter of Quality of Life...............and they sure are lowering it. Sadly. We're lucky we get to drive at all. And at least we can get way out in the desert where you can drive unmolested, and enjoy long veiws and wide open roads. Be well all. Think I'll get some bumper stickers made that say 'Proud to be driving a car without air bags and other government mandated complexity.' Put one right on the back of each of my vanagons !

----- Original Message ----- From: "J Stewart" <fonman4277@comcast.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:11 PM Subject: Re: Oh Deer, Oh Deer & Air Bags