Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:00:37 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oh Deer, Oh Deer
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

Years ago I had an old carpenter working for me. He was an old man and lived way out on a country road in serious white-tail deer country. One day in late fall he was going home after work in his old rickety pick-um-up truck he used for work, and it was dark, and as he drove along his usual route on a dirt road he went by a high cut very close to the road. He heard a big "whump" and felt the truck shudder. Thinking he had hit a hole he just drove on. He got home, grabbed his flash light from the glove box, and shined it in the truck bed to get his tool box. There by the box lay a dead deer - a young fork-horn with a broken neck. Evidently it had been running and simply leaped the wrong direction. Anyway, my carpoenter told me the story the next day. Said it was the easiest venison he had ever taken.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

J Stewart wrote: > Same thing happened to a neighbor's teenage daughter Sunday night, though it sounds like your experience has a happier ending ( the Vanagon one, not the motorcycle!) . She hit a buck in Dodge Dakota pick up, and both air bags deployed. The cost of the air bags alone totaled the truck. She was also holding the wheel at 9 & 3, and when the airbag deployed it slammed her left hand into the drivers side door, didn't break it, but it was her only injury. I hate this time of year, traffic report this morning ( Wash. DC metro area) had 3 deer incidents in one report. Jeff > > >