Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:27:34 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Magical cast iron suspension?

Oh yeah, the last posting I made was also about suspension parts--small world. In that posting,I suggested that that person try to save his current spindle.

While you all are at my Ebay store, don't forget to look at all the stainless steel screws and bolts I have for your Vanagon. I also have a set of stainless steel screws that fit the utility boxes, as non others that are available, do. Not shown in my Ebay store, but many know I have them. They turn out to be an odd sized metric wood screw. I guess(I can't guarantee)that the manufacturer of the plastic utility boxes, more closely associate molding plastic items with wood, rather than metal, and made the counter sinks to fit wood screw heads. They are not molded for the #6 oval head screws, but that is what most people replace the existing ones with. Try finding metric, stainless steel wood screws in America. GW could not.$6.50 for a set of 17 that also replaces the chrome refrigerator vent cover.

I have bolts there for the fiberglass pop top that have oversized heads and are available no place else in the world. How's that for a claim? They spread out the clamping force as none others can, and look good doin' it. Two more unsubstantiatible but true claims.

I now offer them with a hand polished finish, and they look like Vanagon jewlery, if there was such a thing. Like little convex mirrors, they are.

Roger