Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:25:35 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: your Boat, Ginger Clown the Dream ...
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

Avid R & T reader here, since the 60's even. Somehow the mentioned author never made any impression on me . Though I vaguely recall the story you mention. Henry N. Manny though..............the most outrageous and original, and brilliant, automtotive writer ever. Wrote for R & T from Europe in the 60's. And example of his originality.......... he called himself, in lower case, 'yhs.' that stood for 'your humble servant.' oh...................Henry could write a sentence 60 words long, and it was *flawless.* - not really something that should have been 4 sepaerate sentences, and with perfect structure and thought flow. And I'll also say that the writing in R & T, and in another magazine I thought had absolutely excellent writing, National Geographic - the quality of the writing has declined since 'back then.'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Arnott" <jrasite@EONI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:09 AM Subject: Re: your Boat, Ginger Clown the Dream ...