Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:24:32 -0500
From:         Andrew Philbrick <herrschildkrote@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      '86 Westy Shocks/Leans

Hey Vanagon Volks,

I started to notice that my Vanagon leans a bit to the left....not in a steering way but in a sitting still kind of way. The drivers side front bumper is about 1/2 inch closer to the ground that the passenger side and it has the general appearance of leaning.

I can kind deduct that this is due to the Fridge/sink unit being on the driver's side and that I, the driver, weigh a fair amount more than the empty seat to my right but is this going to cause much of a problem? Is this a sign that I need to get new shocks soon? I don't think the rear suspension is affected but should I look into getting new suspension for all 4 wheels? My Vanagon is a 2wd so is this a common problem with non-syncros?

Thanks, Andrew