Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:45:00 -0400
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      I'm in Glade Spring, VA for the winter

Hi all,

Some of you may remember that we bought a house in Glade Spring, VA this past summer. We're not "Moving" from Maine, we just wanted a place to winter over in. We'll be going back to Houlton sometime in April.

Anyway, the trip down was a real pleasure. I had the '85 Westy packed solid with stuff just leaving room for me, two dogs, and a cat. I was also pulling a small trailer that was packed like a suitcase. The Boston Bob 2.1 engine, which has just over 8,000 miles on it now, got just over 20 mpg (using GPS for computations) and ran as smooth as silk. My wife drove her 2000 Beetle (also packed to the gills).

When I had Nokian Hakkapeliitta 185 14 tires on the Westy, GPS said 66 mph when the speedometer read 65. I put Hankook 195 14 RAO8 tires on it before leaving Maine and now the GPS says 69 mph when the speedometer reads 65. At least I know. :)

Mike